Tuesday 18 November 2014

02 - Disappointment Gold Diaclone Jazz MIB


I was given the opportunity to purchase the above pictured Diaclone Jazz figure that was a prize draw and of course extremely limited. After speaking with Maz whom as you all may know is an authority when it comes to Diaclone figures, who helped me to verify the authenticity of the figure as I was initially worried that it was the eHobby Gold Jazz figure just placed in a Diaclone box. I was set on purchasing it from a friend of a friend whom lives in Japan.


After a bit of back and forth talks, I had put in an offer price that I felt was reasonable based on what Maz had said previous ones had gone for, unfortunately I was a few Yen too short and the seller sold it to another local collector whom shall remain anonymous (However lets just say that he has a very extensive lucky draw collection that I've had the great pleasure of seeing in person).


Now that part really isn't the key to my disappointment, as I knew that I wouldn't be able to go up against that buyer's war chest of funds so to speak. The real kicker though is that a week after, a friend of mine alerted me to the fact that there was an auction on Yahoo Japan for the same figure, and it had ended below my original offer to the other seller! If only a muttered to myself after banging my head on the desk....

I suppose it just wasn't meant to be, so for the interim, I'll have these pictures of the ended auction to drool over until another chance comes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment